From Bryan Hunt <sentimental.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which build tools should we support (was: Ant vs. Maven vs. Gradle)
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:19:39 GMT
On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:07:10 +0100, Yennick Trevels <yennick.trevels@gmail.com> wrote:
Non-text part: multipart/alternative
> I'm splitting up the previous thread because there was imo too much
> confusion between which build tool to use for the Flex SDK and which build
> tools we should support (aka create artifacts for). These are two totally
> different discussions.
>
> This thread can be used to discuss which build tools we should support.
> E.g. for Maven we should create Flex SDK artifacts that will be deployed on
> a repository, for Ant we should maintain the ant scripts which people use
> to build their project, etc.

You still seem to be confused.

Why would one chose to support two build systems - when ANT, is to all
intents and purposes a subset of Maven's functionality; minus dependency
management and a standardized configuration?

Especially if you are generating artifacts in Maven, why would you then
use a seperate build system to access them? What do you gain?

Have you used Ant and Maven before?

Regards,

Bryan Hunt