From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: How to check out and compile Apache Flex SDK in Flash Builder
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 03:43:04 GMT
Hi,

> a.) What are these directories that have to be brought in from the
> download? And where are you getting that download from?

Currently the code checked in to SVN is only the framework code it's missing the compiler
and a few other bits required to compile the framework.

The extra files can be obtained from here:
http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+4.6

Click on the download link for the Open Source Flex SDK. Note that the download wasn't working
for me this morning.

> b.) Why aren't those files in our SVN so we can make builds with what is
> available in the Apache Flex SVN repo?
Adobe is still going thought legal clearance to donate those files I believe and I'm not sure
when that is expected to be completed. It may also be because it contains are binary files
and there are issues with checking non source code files into Apace SVN???

> I ask because I think the ideal scenario is that everything required to
> make a build is attainable from our repository.
That would be ideal but probably not possible even if all of the above files were in SVN.
The build script downloads playergloabal, osmf and the AIR integration kit from URLs as part
of the build process.

Thanks,
Justin