From Erik Lundgren <e...@lndgrn.se>
Subject Re: [RT] DPI dependent code was. Flex: New user interface design
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:28:04 GMT
27 feb 2012 kl. 08.50 skrev Alex Harui:

> Current Flash Player always reports 72dpi on desktop.  I think that might change in some
future player.  I've been wondering if there is a cheap way to get it from the HTML wrapper.

There are things in the w3c documents that sounds promising: The new css3 media queries should
be able to detect "resolution" as ppi or ppcm. [1] And JS should be able to deploy media queries
programatic and add eventListeners for when the queries changes. [2].

But testing this in FireFox on Mac, guess what it told me ... 96 ppi ... again the abstraction
of the browser, not the real screen ppi.

I can't find a reliable way to read the users real run-time screen ppi value if we deploy
to the web. That is problematic in a multi screen universe. Sigh.

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/#resolution
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/cssom-view/#the-mediaquerylist-interface

Yours
/Erik