From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Recommendation Unit-Test System?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 04:38:47 GMT
I understand your POV. But here I am speaking as a Mentor.

This project needs to make sure that the dependencies to the project that we require our users
to download are acceptable in combination with the Apache License 2.0.

It would be very bad if releases and project graduation from the Apache Incubator was blocked
due to an unfortunate choice of unit test technology.

> On 10/02/2012 10:21, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> In the case of ASUnit it is not even clear from the site what the license is.
>>
> ASUnit is MPL https://github.com/lukebayes/asunit/blob/master/MIT-LICENSE.txt

This is called "Category B"

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

> Aside from that. For me its enough if its "free for open source purposes" - GPL or whatever.
Confluence (Apache Wiki) and Jira (Bugtracking) are both just free for open-source projects.
http://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request

We need to be careful about "Category X".

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

But then Apache does use GPL in infrastructure in various ways. It's just that we need to
take great care with project releases.

Regards,
Dave

> On 10/02/2012 08:42, JP Bader wrote:
>> I have used FlexMonkey from Gorilla Logic (http://www.gorillalogic.com/flexmonkey)
> A GPL visual testing system - intriguing! I have never heard of it, will dig it deeper.
Thanks! It might be too "visual" but it seems that you can write it also just in ActionScript,
am I wrong?