From Justin Mclean <>
Subject Re: Apache Flex suggestion - dumping SWF support in favor of HTML5 - don't listen to Steve!
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:57:04 GMT

Slightly off topic I know but this may help someone.

> The main problem with eclipse is that the platform seems very unstable
> mainly due to m2e plugin and the relationship between all the plugins and
> the platform itself that causes the platform breaks from time to time
> making us to install from scratch

I feel you pain but you shouldn't have to reinstall, happens to me every other week or so
generally when you have to force quit Flash Builder as it's frozen up.

Generally a -clean will fix things up if that doesn't work try to restore your .metadata and
cascade directories (assuming you have a backup),  if that doesn't work or you don't have
a backup delete the ,metadata directory (doing this you'll lose your projects but they are
easily imported again), if that doesn't work remove the cascade directory (doing this you
will lose your plugin and have to reinstall them), hopefully less effort than reinstalling
Flash Builder from scratch.

View raw message