From "David Arno" <da...@davidarno.org>
Subject Re: SVN vs Git
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:38:36 GMT

I hadn't realised that was the way things worked. I'd assumed (wrongly) that it was hard to
become a committer. I hadn't realised that when I start submitting patches, it would almost
be expected that I become one :)

David.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Greg Reddin" <gredbug@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 13, 2012 17:53
Subject: SVN vs Git
To: <flex-dev@incubator.apache.org>

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM, David Arno <david@davidarno.org> wrote:
> We may well want to undertake
> some big changes, involving lots of people who aren't committers.

There's a little problem with statements like this that we need to be
careful about. If we get involved in doing lots of work that is
involving lots of non-committers then we need to start adding these
people as committers. As soon as someone starts contributing work on a
consistent basis we need to invite them to become a committer.

We should not have long, drawn-out efforts of work involving a lot of
people who are not committers. We should instead have a growing
community, adding committers on a regular basis.

Greg