From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Component creation workflow
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 23:10:55 GMT
On 2/28/2012 5:07 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> On 2/28/12 1:53 PM, "Ryan Frishberg"<frishy@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I find that approach a little bit too gun-slinger in the wild-west.  If
>> this was just an application, I wouldn't see as much of a point for
>> component specification.  However, this is an SDK.  More developers are
>> interested in our component specifications than just those who want to
>> check out the apache code.
> Yes, but I call those kinds of specs "documentation".  It describes what the
> code actually does.  And we will hopefully have good documentation.
  I agree with Alex on this one.  Now we may want to vet APIs before
they get into the main SDK / release and that is what the voting process
is for.  But, I wouldn't force anyone into a pre-discussion before they
start building anything.  I want them to build it for what they need,
donate it, and then we can figure out if it needs to be tweaked or
whatever.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur