From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [IDEAS] Flex: New user interface design
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 07:08:59 GMT
On 28/02/2012 09:09, Alex Harui wrote:
> If the goal is WYSIWYG printing, I would think there would be some popular
> (but maybe not perfect) strategies or groups trying to figure it out,
> especially for the HTML/JS stack.

I am not sure how you get "WYSIWYG" printing? The problem of the real
units comes basically from
touch screens: The average finger just doesn't fit in a > 0.2inch button
(average scrollbar).

Another aim is that text is still reasonable on a 200 dpi+ screen. Those
pop up more and more.

Also: As far as I can tell: Users have the ability to change their DPI
and its seems to be a 100% ignored
in current Flash applications. I know that cm isn't correct but its
better than nothing.

yours
Martin.