From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: SEO for SWF Was: Flash Platform roadmap
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:51:04 GMT
Compiler list? Developer mailing-list: anything Flex related :)

Anways: I think this discussion is important because a development model
on a XHTML data structure/provider could allow a Flash AND HTML
development model.
Just because websites are not made in Flash anymore doesn't mean rich
websites will never be made with Flex ;)

Regarding the beer invitation: I am living in Japan these days so it
might get tough. Thanks for the invitation though!

yours
Martin.

On 28/02/2012 05:32, Duane Nickull wrote:
> It is a very valuable discussion to have.  I am just not sure if it
> belongs in the Compiler list.
>
> FWIW - I used XHTML data providers.  Having the keyword in<title>  for a
> better initial ranking.
>
> BTW - I will be in Vienna next week if you want to grab a beer to discuss?
>
> Duane
>
> Überity.com
> President&  COO
> Adobe LiveCycle ES Consultant Services
> http://www.uberity.com
> Blog | http://technoracle.blogspot.com
> Twitter | @Uberity @duanechaos
>

> On 12-02-27 11:46 AM, "Martin Heidegger"<mh@leichtgewicht.at>  wrote:
>
>> Hello Duane,
>>
>> I used to develop my "all flash" homepages in a way that I represented
>> all the data structure I accessed as HTML pages.
>> So I got all indexable content out with regular lists and content first.
>> Then I started with the Flash Homepage and built it
>> entirely on the content of the container homepage: Every Data "resource"
>> that I took I pulled of the same underlying system
>> including the html code. If I wanted a new "content" I had to add that
>> service to the html page. Then I looked that the links worked: So If you
>> browsed down to apage/acontent then it send the browser (with flash) to
>> a the index page with that url in the background:
>> mypage.com/#apage/acontent And the page used this as starting point.
>>
>> At the end of the day I had all index-able content available as HTML and
>> all visible content in the Flash. I used same mechanisms
>> parallel for ajax homepages and it worked out quite well.
>>
>> Do you think a discussion about a examples or a development model in
>> this direction would be reasonable?
>>
>> yours
>> Martin.
>>

>> On 28/02/2012 04:20, Duane Nickull wrote:
>>> It used to.  To understand how the system works, watch this video:
>>>

>>> http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2009/01/flash-search-engine-optimization.
>>> ht