From Martin Heidegger>
Subject Re: SEO for SWF Was: Flash Platform roadmap
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:46:59 GMT
Hello Duane,

I used to develop my "all flash" homepages in a way that I represented
all the data structure I accessed as HTML pages.
So I got all indexable content out with regular lists and content first.
Then I started with the Flash Homepage and built it
entirely on the content of the container homepage: Every Data "resource"
that I took I pulled of the same underlying system
including the html code. If I wanted a new "content" I had to add that
service to the html page. Then I looked that the links worked: So If you
browsed down to apage/acontent then it send the browser (with flash) to
a the index page with that url in the background: And the page used this as starting point.

At the end of the day I had all index-able content available as HTML and
all visible content in the Flash. I used same mechanisms
parallel for ajax homepages and it worked out quite well.

Do you think a discussion about a examples or a development model in
this direction would be reasonable?

On 28/02/2012 04:20, Duane Nickull wrote:
> It used to.  To understand how the system works, watch this video:
> ml
> And this video:
> ology-and-magic-behind-flash/
> The second one is more important and it start around the 6 minute mark
> (not sure why Adobe never trimmed it).
> I honestly think that after watching these, you will all agree there is
> nothing that belongs on an SDK discussion list WRT SEO.  It is simply not
> needed.
> Duane
> √ú
> President&  COO
> Adobe LiveCycle ES Consultant Services
> Blog |
> Twitter | @Uberity @duanechaos
> On 12-02-27 10:57 AM, "Omar Gonzalez"<>  wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Left Right<>
>> wrote:
>>> ... and white
>>> text on white background with postion: absolute top -1000px has a better
>>> chance to affect the crawler than that thing does...
>> That also has a high chance of getting you blacklisted off of search
>> engines. I wouldn't recommend anyone to do this.
>> --
>> Omar Gonzalez
>> Apache Flex PPMC Member

View raw message