From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Flex -> HTML, Linux and time to say goodbye?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:33:49 GMT
On 2/27/2012 9:22 AM, David Arno wrote:
>> Because people have no faith in Adobe; and want Flex to outlive a
> dependency on a proprietary runtime.
> OK, let me ask the question another way. If you see HTML5 as the future,
  The future of what?   The Future of browser based "stuff"?
Definitely.  I, personally, could care less about browser based
development; as my interests are more in building mobile native
applications.

> why
> do you think it a good idea to put your efforts into porting a badly coded,
> difficult to test, framework over to something that can target JavaScript
> (JS),
  The reason for doing so is that you existing "old" code and personnel
resource can leverage easily without re-training or rebuilding from scratch.

  I--personally--wouldn't put any effort into that, though.  I am much
more interested in seeing if I could use Flex to port over to a Native
Android (or iOS) code base w/o using Adobe AIR.

> Maybe it's time we all said
> goodbye to Flex and put our creative skills into developing something more
> future-proof?
  You are more than welcome to do so at your own discretion.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur