From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Flash Platform roadmap
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:00:23 GMT
On 2/25/2012 10:41 AM, Left Right wrote:
> Just because I'm being a prick, OSS != free. More yet, OSS does not imply
> free and free does not imply OSS.
  Technically you're right.  In the real world, most people--even
programmers equate Open Source with "Free and I can do whatever I want
with it."

  Technically you could say Flextras components are open source software
since the source is available.  But, people would complain when they
found out it wasn't free.  I think I was in the business for about 1
hour before I started using the phrasing "the source is available [for
purchase]" in response to the question  "Is it open source?"

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur