From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [IDEAS] Collections and Generics
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:51:13 GMT
Hello Sai,

ActionScript3 does not support generics. You will not be able to
create new "well-performing" basic types like Array. There are many
approaches
around like as3commons[1], as3-collections[2], addicted2flash [3] or
Maashaack [4] but the
performance is not really good.

I once developed a generic Linked List with performance in mind but its
rather difficult to really use [1]

Things like Omars VectorList might be useful but I think that is
different from what you are talking about - right?

yours
Martin.

[1]
http://code.google.com/p/as3-commons/source/browse/trunk#trunk%2Fas3-commons-collections%2Fsrc%2Fmain%2Factionscript%2Forg%2Fas3commons%2Fcollections