From Martin Heidegger>
Subject Re: [IDEAS] Collections and Generics
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:51:13 GMT
Hello Sai,

ActionScript3 does not support generics. You will not be able to
create new "well-performing" basic types like Array. There are many
around like as3commons[1], as3-collections[2], addicted2flash [3] or
Maashaack [4] but the
performance is not really good.

I once developed a generic Linked List with performance in mind but its
rather difficult to really use [1]

Things like Omars VectorList might be useful but I think that is
different from what you are talking about - right?

On 25/02/2012 01:14, sai pabbathi wrote:
> Hello All,
> I've been thinking about creating my own version of collections and
> Generics for a while now. I'm a java guy and I crave to have Collections on
> the client side. Having the collections and generics would not hurt, it
> would actually reduce the coding errors, and development time as most of
> the time we will be working around the data in any type of application.
> Some times I have to run the application to know the type of data that is
> in the ArrayCollection, even though flex provides 'Vector' as way to
> introduce generics into flex, it is not as powerful as the ArrayCollection,
> and not many are aware of its existence.
> Also having a good set of collections like Map, Set, List, Queues would
> help develop more robust client side applications.
> P:S: I'm unaware if adobe has already planned to roll out collections in
> the near future. Its just an Idea!

View raw message