From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [CODE] Short cleanup
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:32:10 GMT
On 24/02/2012 15:17, Alex Harui wrote:
> Somehow, the policy became 4 spaces. Personally I don't care if it is
> a four-space tab or four spaces, but definitely not 8 spaces although
> some of that did get in there.

What do you mean "somehow"? I don't care as well - there are bad
arguments for either - but I think we should settle on one of both.

> Includes should only be in two places: version.as, and some interfaces
> that mirror some flash.display.* classes. I don't think any of the
> latter includes are used more than twice, so it might be simpler to
> just copy and paste the includes into the files that use them and get
> rid of the includes.

They are used for some hefty interfaces like ISpriteInterface or
IDisplayObjectInterface - I am wondering why they are not regular
interfaces - why import them if they could be extended? Also a lot of
Style and other Metadata tags are included like this. I guess to reduce
the maintenance (inheritance or delegation seem not to work in those cases).

> It is used to detect if someone mixed classes from different versions
> (and didn't get some earlier failure). I want to have a version stamp
> in each class. You proposed a compiler change that could eliminate
> version.as, I think.

No I didn't - at least not that I remember. However: I don't really
think that this solves any problem. I mean: What if I use classes
from different versions? Will it throw an error? Not that I know of.
Just in debugging I might see that. To me the only reasonable
solution for this is a maven like dependency-tree or md5 hashes (who
cares if its from different versions if it does exactly
the same thing).

> Way back when, we were told to use if ( "" in obj) for "sealed" classes and
> hasOwnProperty for dynamic objects.  The documentation doesn't say that and
> I haven't tested speed.  And, hasOwnProperty must be used in some prototype
> inheritance cases.
Thanks for clarification (Omar too).

yours
Martin.