From Jeffry Houser <>
Subject Re: Adobe might think of open-sourcing the Design View if there is sufficient interest
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:56:00 GMT
On 2/22/2012 11:41 AM, Dimitri k. wrote:
> From: "Jeffry Houser" <>
>>   I don't think any number of +1s will convince Adobe either way.
>>  Honestly, I personally could care less about design view.  It made
>> sense when Adobe wanted to make Flex the "new Visual Basic" and
>> accessible to anyone.  I'm not sure if I would put effort to try to
>> fulfill that role, though.
> Maybe you haven't read my email which started this thread: This
> discussion started because Deepa from Adobe said that it could be a
> possibility, and said that if sufficient interest for it was shown on
> the ML, it will help make it happen.

  This is a high traffic mailing list; so I get frustrated with the
occasional barrage of "me too/+1" non-vote-thread posts which add
nothing to any discussion.

  I question how many of the people who want this are willing to put
time and effort into maintaining it.

Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
Part of the DotComIt Brain Trust