From Jeffry Houser <>
Subject Re: [gosh] Compiler choice [was Goshhawk language choices and more]
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:15:08 GMT
On 2/20/2012 12:00 PM, Left Right wrote:
> I was actually under impression that Adobe will be committing code to
> the compiler and / or framework developed here - that was at least my
> understanding of the last whitepaper posted by Adobe, or am I
> misunderstanding it? Maybe the word "support" isn't the best choice
> though.
  I am under the same impression.  Writing code, contributing code, and
supporting code are radically different things.

> In my experience, the mx_internal namespace was used often for the
> purposes such as to cover the weak points in design. I think that the
> problem of not documenting things could've been solved by @private

  Things marked as @private in ASDocs still show up in code hinting if
appropriate.  Stuff in mx_internal did not.
  Is there metadata to prevent stuff from showing up in code hinting?

Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
Part of the DotComIt Brain Trust

View raw message