From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [gosh] Compiler choice [was Goshhawk language choices and more]
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:25:09 GMT
On 2/20/2012 11:00 AM, Left Right wrote:
> I never found any practical use case that justified the use of internal or
> custom namespaces
  The Flex Framework uses a custom namespace (mx_internal) all over the
place.  I believe the use case is "we need to expose this stuff so our
code works, but don't have time to document it."
  You could say that is a cop out, which is fair.  But, it is also often
a development reality when given timeline and budgets.  I expect that
Apache may run into similar issues when we start doing releases.

> Why not use MXMLC? - obviously, Adobe aren't going to support it, unless
> for maybe critical fixes, so if you are going to support it, you are quite
> on your own with that.
     I was under the impression Adobe would not be supporting any
compilers coming out of the Apache project.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur