From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: Signed RSL from Apache
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:45:35 GMT
David,

you just brought up a question in my mind: What if we don't use the
"global index" at runtime but also at compile time:

    programmer
      -> Defines "RSL" with compile-time swc/f and online path and
eventual failbacks

    compiler
      -> Creates MD5 from from swc/f
      -> Compares it against MD5 from online path
      -> Compiles the MD5 into the swf (loader)

       (Reasoning: Avoid man-in-the-middle for developers)

   loader
      -> Downloads the swc of one of the mirrors.
      -> Compares the MD5 hash
      -> If match accept and use loader to load it.
      -> If no-match try other failbacks.

yours
Martin.