From James Roland Cabresos <j.cabre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [gosh] Goshhawk language choices and more [Was: Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour]
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:44:48 GMT
I've been looking to other technologies for the past few months and so
far HaXe was closest to Actionscript I could ever get. Though I'm still
a noob at that language, I felt pretty familiar and comfortable working
with it.

Going with Neil's options:

no.1 is freaking risky, considering what we've experience with Adobe
from the past few months.

no.2 I agree this will have a lot of work and may take years before we
could release a Beta.

no.3 for me, would be the best option. Porting Flex to HaXe(it certainly
has some ring in it ayt? :) ) will not only make HTML5 + JS output
reachable but also output to other technologies as well! Plus you can
untie finally Flex from Actionscript and be happy coding to a royalty
free language.