From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Time for an Apache Flex compiler.
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 18:38:25 GMT
On 2/16/2012 1:00 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:
>> Falcon ... will support AS3 only, with no support for MXML.
> This is incorrect.
>
> Falcon *already* supports enough of MXML to compile a correctly-running version of Checkinapp,
the test app that is part of the SDK. Falcon's support for .mxml, .css, and .properties still
needs lots of polish -- especially in the areas of databinding, states, and MXML-specific
error reporting -- but at least 80% of the this work is complete.
  That is good to hear; and I would recommend Adobe include it in their
messaging somehow.  If the white paper can be modified to clarify this
point great.  Even if not; please let the Adobe presenters on the Flex
User Group tour highlight that point.  It makes things sound much more
positive than saying "Adobe will donate an AS3 only Falcon Compiler."
People have asked me "Why won't I be able to use MXML"  and I didn't
have an answer.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur