From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: asdoc comments for flash player and SDK version numbers
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:13:26 GMT
On 2/16/2012 4:01 AM, Omar Gonzalez wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM, David Arno<david@davidarno.org>  wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 18:05 +1100, Justin Mclean wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Was looking though some of the framework code and noticed that a lot of
>> method are marked up with comments that are imported into documents re
>> player version and the like.
>>>   Here's a typical section.
>>>       *  @langversion 3.0
>>>       *  @playerversion Flash 9
>>>       *  @playerversion AIR 1.1
>>>       *  @productversion Flex 3
>>>
>>> Going forward when adding new methods what are the values we should use?
>> Do we just go with current versions like so:
>>>       *  @langversion 3.0
>>>       *  @playerversion Flash 11.1
>>>       *  @playerversion AIR 3.1
>>>       *  @productversion Apache Flex 4.7
>>>
>> I'd really like it if we could figure out a way of getting rid of all
>> that crap out of the framework as it makes reading the code far more
>> difficult.
>>
>> David.
>>
> I'd love to find a solution that would let us continue to generate ASDocs
> without polluting the code with tons of comments.

   I cannot adamantly disagree more with this statement.  I have never
heard anyone complain about too many comments before.  I have never
experienced a situation where I revisited code and thought "Gee, I wish
I didn't write so many comments."

  I think this can be important information to have; even the ASDoc /
Version information.  I do not believe that removing comments will help
code readibility in a significant way.  I do believe it may decrease
code understandability.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur