From Petr Cihelka <cihe...@xhost.cz>
Subject Re: Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:03:11 GMT
Hi,

> The biggest news from Adobe was that the next major release of Flash builder
> will not have Flex support.  Otherwise, there was lost of people venting
> their anger, but not much news.

this is really bad news, but I hope that you meant Flash Professional
not Flash/Flex Builder, because in the article "Adobe's view of Flex and
its commitments to Flex in the future " [1] is this:

> Development of Flash Builder continues. Adobe plans to maintain support
 > for Flex projects in updates to Flash Builder 4.x, including additional
 > work to ensure Apache Flex based SDKs can work within Flash Builder.
> In order to better support future
 > Apache-derived Flex SDKs, Design View, Data Centric Development
 > tools, and Flash Catalyst workflows will be removed in updated
 > 4.x versions of Flash Builder.

In this statement is mentioned that they want to remove Design view, DCD
and FC, not Flex. What is Flash/Flex builder without Flex, only Eclipse :)

[1] http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/whitepapers/roadmap.html

--
Peter C.