From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: Working groups - different approach
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:13:24 GMT
On 13/02/2012 21:56, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> the one I posted to previously, at
> http://grep.codeconsult.ch/2011/12/06/stefanos-mazzocchis-busy-list-pattern/
> (it's my blog - as I said, shameless but IMO useful plug)

I can only find information about the proper use  of the list not about
proper management. I suspect that is just my lack of understanding and
leave it with that. Thanks!

> you could predefine some but they usually evolve as soon as people see a pattern.

Okay, I will just continue to list them in the wiki as soon as they are
established.

> The best is to reach consensus without a vote, people agree and commit
> code (or translations, whatever) that they find good.

I found it difficult to judge the point when a consensus without a vote
has been reached.

> Any committer can then veto that code, with justification. For topics
> that need a vote, the rules at
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html apply. It's quite easy to
> have informal sub-groups who each take care of different modules in
> that way, without requiring specific organization.

The link with the voting rules is very informative.

One question still: What about different languages:
Japanese/Chinese/French etc. how does a integration of people with other
language-skills usually work?

thank you
Martin.