From Keith Sutton <ke...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: [RT]Flex Camps
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 06:36:50 GMT
James,

Digging through groups.adobe.com I found this guideline:
http://groups.adobe.com/group/466

What I am trying to develop is what life will be like without Adobe $ or
presenters around in the not too distant future (months not years). I
know from people inside that the community team barely exists now and
little if any funding is being put forward for events. This might change
for a short period but I believe that will only last as long as it takes
to ride out the storm created by their PR nightmare.

My experience in the past has been getting $ from Adobe for camps that
did not sync-up with some marketing campaign they we executing. From
experience it was not that easy to get things and having been involved
with organizing camps in San Francisco it was difficult (amazing but true).

I can see an organization like Spoon acting in a role similar to Eclipse
Foundation and through subscriptions and other fund raising mechanism
generate enough to support several camps and events a year. That will
take a little time to get going. Easier stuff is to provide a
communications and marketing venue to connect with potential event
sponsors (ecosystem partners, system integrators, ...), streaming, event
announcement support, etc. Guidelines for events would probably specify
a certain amount of Flex content, topics, etc.

What are your ideas on guidelines? I am interested particularly because
you are outside North America.

Keith

On 2/12/2012 4:14 PM, James Roland Cabresos wrote:
> The move to Apache also held us off what we've planned also. Hopefully
> having these guidelines we can get a good picture for a Flex Camp and pick
> up where we left off.
>
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM, JP Bader<jp@zavteq.com>  wrote:
>
>> In Chicago we are hosting Adobe's Christophe Conraets and Digital
>> Primate's Michael Labriola to plug the future of Flex, Spoon, and the
>> future of Adobe's involvement with it.  Before Adobe began the process
>> of moving Flex to Apache, we had actually begun planning a Flex/Flash
>> camp, but have since held off until we have a better idea of where
>> things are going.
>>
>> JP
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski<nicholas@spoon.as>
>> wrote:
>>> James,
>>>
>>> I would recommend you talk to the guys at Spoon.  While we haven't ramped
>>> up to do Flex Camps yet, we are in the process of kicking off a roadshow
>>> that may help you out.  Keith is the guy you should be talking to (
>>> keith@spoon.as).  He has been coordinating all of the Spoon UG efforts
>>> date.
>>>
>>> -Nick
>>>
>>> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM, James Roland Cabresos<
>> j.cabresos@gmail.com
>> support
>> as

As