From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [RT]Flex Camps
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:27:58 GMT
On 2/12/2012 4:13 AM, James Roland Cabresos wrote:
> A Flex camp is one of the things that markets Flex to a community. As
> Adobe still are committed to developing the tool for Flex, I assumed
> that they will still support these camps. Gathering resources today
> will be much more different than it was before.

  Do Flex Camps still happen?  I would not expect Adobe to put any
effort into any such thing.  Although, I was under the impression Adobe
gave very little support to Flex Camps beyond sending a "keynoter" and
funds to help secure a "Big enough" location.

> I think every Flex user group manager out there is now unsure where to
> start or how to start. It would be good if we have some guide(WIKI)
> for someone who are planning to setup a Flex Camp. What do you think
> guys?

  Are you a User Group Manager?  If so, you should know that you have an
Adobe Contact and you can ask them about such things.

  I don't perceive Apache would support Flex Camps from a funding stand
point.  If you want to hold a Flex Camp, I would look towards finding
your own Corporate Sponsors.  Or to Spoon.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur