From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject [RT] Documentation (split from: Awesome User Experience)
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:43:20 GMT
Hello Francis

I think you are talking more about developer experience than end-user
experience.

The wiki seems a good start for documentation to me but I agree that it
has some serious drawbacks.
For example: we can not easily include swf's and AS3 code formatting is
sub-par. But i think if those requests are
raised to the infrastructure team then they will be dealt with. This
would result in following documentation locations:

*) Wiki: edited documentation, documentation about concepts with example
section
*) Blog: Time-related documentation: Changes/News
*) API-Docs: Generated API documentation

It would be not so hard to provide something like the PHP Ninja manual
[1] that sets up on the online data.

The only problem I see with the wiki solution is the translation. I
personally think "just english" is enough. However: For some reason
japanese developers (as a example) seem to be really trying to translate
everything and I am not yet sure how this could be done with the wiki.

However: this raises another question:

@Adobe: I assume that the Flash Player AS3 documentation will stay at
the Adobe site:
Do you plan to submit the Flex documentation (not just api docs) to apache?
Might that include Tour De Flex?
What system/format does it use?
Can the community help with that?

yours