From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [RT] Recommendation Unit-Test System?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 05:54:05 GMT
On 10/02/2012 13:38, Dave Fisher wrote:
> I understand your POV. But here I am speaking as a Mentor.
>
> This project needs to make sure that the dependencies to the project that we require
our users to download are acceptable in combination with the Apache License 2.0.

> It would be very bad if releases and project graduation from the Apache Incubator was
blocked due to an unfortunate choice of unit test technology.
Thank you a lot for explaining that. That info is really helpful! Are
the unit tests part of the things that Apache Flex offers as download to
the user?

In any case: That means that the contribution of FlexUnit to Apache
(under the APL) would be preferable, right?

Short overview:
     ASUnit (MIT) uses as3reflection (No-License)
     FlexUnit (MIT) uses hamcrest (BSD)

     Mockito-Flex (MIT) uses ASMock(BSD), hamcrest(BSD)
     Mockolate (MIT) uses Floxy(BSD), FLemit(BSD), asx (No-License),
hamcrest(BSD)

     FlexMonkey (GPL) uses as3commons (APL), hamcrest(BSD)

There are a few other open source testing projects online: AS3Unit from
Libspark, Fluint, Funit, etc. but most of them seem abandoned or not
really adopted.

yours
Martin.