From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [RT] Recommendation Unit-Test System?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:23:46 GMT
On 10/02/2012 03:09, Jonathan Campos wrote:
> While I too use FlexUnit and think that a consensus would be good on how to
> write tests, my fear is that we shouldn't say "use this one".
>
> There are other contributors to Flex, such as ASUnit, that we would be
> snubbing.
>
> Sadly I feel the best solution is just let people write the tests and
> whatever they choose to use that is up to them. If a group of individuals
> want to all write using one version that is up to them, but I don't know
> about saying that one is the supported or only choice.

That is no solution. That will most likely result in a mess. Not to
choose because it would hurt ones feeling is irresponsible to the people
who actually have to write the tests and run them. Sure: Flex has a lot
of traction but there are enough non-flex AS3 open-source projects out
there that are as of the transfer to Apache in a direct competition.

However: I am a free developer, not a commiter. As a developer I would
wish for a clear statement and recommendation of the PPMC but I am fine
with recommendations.

yours
Martin.