From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [RT] From Singletons to Unit-testable code
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 15:33:17 GMT
On 08/02/2012 23:45, Alex Harui wrote:
> My simple mind just can't understand why we need a sophisticated multi-step
> plan or full dependency injection.  Why can't a simpler substitution pattern
> do the job?

The complexity always comes with the detail. I assume one could
summarize it with:

   Move the static constructs to a service locator to implement unit
tests and replace it step by step to get a injectable source code.

I broke the refactoring up in many steps to illustrate that this way
will be constantly tested from step 2.

Michaels approach as well as your approach will most likely be more
complex in reality than summarized.
For example: Modifying the compiler, creating an AOP mechanism and then
changing all code to follow that pattern is a huge project. where each
part has to be tested.

I am curious about the "simpler substitution": How would you do that in
detail?

yours
Martin.