From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: Creating Working Groups [Was: Apache Flex suggestion - dumping SWF support in favor of HTML5 - listen to Steve]
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 20:18:38 GMT
On 07/02/2012 04:37, Omar Gonzalez wrote:
> ... way things are done at Apache, so trying to allow for that level of
> collaboration doesn't fit the model.
I totally agree! And to me it was very important that you said that! I
had a completely different picture in my mind before that.

> What I think would make finding all of these projects would then to list
> those somewhere...

This is where i could see Spoon jump in. They already want to handle the
community groups. So why not draw a clear line here:
Apache Flex handles the current source code: Input is gathered via Jira
from a bunch of external madness that runs in <insert community
here>(managed by Spoon) where developers can find mentoring in the sense
of: "Your idea is
awesome/out-of-date/inappropriate/duplicate/not-in-shape-yet" and "We
help you find a-fruitful-path/friends/help/a-good-style". Like a global
"pre-submit" arena that works as a community.

> If you do this enough eventually you will end up
> getting voted in as a new committer and then you can work directly in your
> own whiteboard.
Why would I use the whiteboard as a commiter? Isn't it bad for
sharing/collaborating with non-commiters?

In short: I would love to have a good place where I could talk about
ideas related to the flex sdk and have my code also posted -
collaborate. For that I would need something that is good at this ...
like github. With another "management central" somewhere that knows what
is roughly going on. Spoon.as sounds better for that than Apache.

yours
Martin.