From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Creating Working Groups [Was: Apache Flex suggestion - dumping SWF support in favor of HTML5 - listen to Steve]
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:42:30 GMT
On 2/6/2012 1:53 PM, jude wrote:
> I understand completely. I'm not a commiter and I feel like I can't do
> anything.
>
> 2012/2/6 Frédéric Thomas<webdoublefx@hotmail.com>
>
>> Hi Arnoud,
>>
>> I aggree, I'm not a commiter but I followed the ML from the start and I'm
>> starting to feel frustrated because not many things have been started, ok,

  I just wanted to address these two statements, at least from my point
of view.

To Jude, You can certainly do things.  IT may be a bit harder for you
[than a committer] to get it back into the SVN Repostiroy; but you can
get the code and start doing your own development with it somehow.

To Frederic,

   What do you want started?  And why can't you start?

  As far as I understand it; the only limitation on non-committers is
that you can't submit your code back into the Apache SVN repository.
You can still circulate it through other means (You're own blog, GitHub,
or Google Code or whatever you want).

  In terms of committers, we all have other responsibilities.  I expect
"Flex Next" development will be a slow and steady thing, not a huge
immediate stream of new features or changes.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur