From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Printing from Flex
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 16:06:12 GMT
Hello Jack,

I came to the conclusion that printing is basically broken in flash. I
didn't manage to get a solid printing solution done with Flash even with
years of experience and two weeks time last October. Pages were
distorted, missing or black. I was rather astonished because I remember
a working printing solution in Flash Player 9. It seems it doesn't work
since Flash Player 10.2 or so. Don't get me wrong: It works for some
cases like if the sheet to print is simple enough as vector or small
enough as bitmap, but it has very narrow limits. Bugs have been filed
and marked fixed, even though they are not. I didn't take the time to
provide a solid test suite at that time for printing with broken results
as I got into serious deadline problems because of mentioned bugs.

I am telling this because my attempt to a good printing solution would
be first to see how much is working right now. With reproducible,
complex tests. After that I think it would be interesting to elaborate
about a nicer, easier-to-use API within the Flex context (that is long
overdue).

yours
Martin.