From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [discussion]Thoughts on immediate future of Flex
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:45:55 GMT
On 2/3/2012 11:26 AM, filippo dipisa wrote:
> 1)My problem is, if you have to start a greenfield project web based, would
> you use Flex or go for another RIA solution like GWT that already targets
> html5?
  It depends on the skills of the team, the budget, and timeline.

> At the moment I think that many people out there they will try to avoid
> Flex because is Flashplayer driven, they don't trust Adobe anymore and  it
> is not supported by the tablet or /smartphones.
  That is a bit of a misnomer.  You can't run Flash in mobile browsers
(except on most current Android  devices or Playbook) and Adobe is
stopping future development of their mobile browser.  But you can use
Flex/Flash to build native applications.

> And many others are strugglimg to make their webapp compatible with tablet
> or smartphone.
  Is that struggle unique to Flash?

--
Jeffry Houser