From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex logo colors
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 20:43:35 GMT
On 2/2/2012 3:23 PM, Tomasz MaciÄ…g | Fuse Collective wrote:
> Another thing. I'm not saying that this idea is bad or something
> because it's most cases it would be the right thing to do. I just have
> mixed feelings about it because it could send mixed message to community.
> The community is capable of making their own decision about selecting
> one logo but is not capable of selecting colors?
  If it were up to me; I wouldn't have done a community vote at all due
to the "mail traffic" and 'time constraints" involved in putting forth
that effort, and also the "too many cooks in the kitchen" problem.
Others stepped up to put in the time and I think the community vote was
successful.  We haven't solved the "too many cooks in the kitchen" part,
yet though.

> Why make things more "professional" by including professionals this
> late in the process?
> Why things wasn't made more "professional" from the beginning by
> letting community work on more complete RFP and in process of
> selection invite professionals to design a logo?

  I thought we had professionals involved throughout the whole process.
[Or at the very least, those designers who submitted entries were
budding professionals].

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur