From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex logo colors
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:34:35 GMT
On 2/2/2012 9:21 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Jeffry Houser<jeffry@dot-com-it.com>  wrote:
>> On 2/2/2012 8:03 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>> ... I think this project should select one logo and stick to it...
>>   I brought this up before when we were choosing logos; but didn't really
>> come out with any explicit answers.  Should color choice be a part of the
>> final "logo" and should we enforce that on anyone wanting to use said logo?
>>   Or do we provide them flexibility to make tweaks (such as what Tomasz just
>> offered)....
> IMO the color is part of the identity, so I would not leave choices.
> But as a mentor I should really let the PPMC members decide, it's just
> my 2 cents.

  That is perfectly reasonable to me.  However, if that is the case I am
against the multi-colored one.  The phrase that comes to mind is Angry
Fruit Salad.  It takes something that I felt was smooth an elegant and
complicates it.

  I would recommend sticking with a single color version--the original
Blue would be my preference / recommendation.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur