From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex logo colors
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 13:46:16 GMT
On 2/2/2012 8:03 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Tomasz MaciÄ…g | Fuse Collective
> <t.maciag@fusecollective.com>  wrote:
>> ... What if we give more flexibility when using logo in different scenarios by
>> allowing to use it in 4 different colors?...
> I think this project should select one logo and stick to it - my
> favorite by far is the leftmost 4-colored one at
> http://www.fusecollective.com/apache-flex/apache_flex_colors.jpg

  I brought this up before when we were choosing logos; but didn't
really come out with any explicit answers.  Should color choice be a
part of the final "logo" and should we enforce that on anyone wanting to
use said logo?  Or do we provide them flexibility to make tweaks (such
as what Tomasz just offered).

   In "co-branded" items that want to use the Apache Flex Logo; color
flexibility may be appealing.  Will we limit people from having that
flexibility?  Is color scheme part of the logo trademark that we want to
use to force consistency?

  I honestly, don't have an answer.  As someone who is likely to be
creating some form of something that uses the Apache Flex Logo; the
flexibility will be appealing.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur