From Tomasz MaciÄ…g | Fuse Collective <t.mac...@fusecollective.com>
Subject Apache Flex logo colors
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 11:39:29 GMT
Most of you didn't want major changes to the logo so we (meaning Fuse
Collective team) decided to focus on colors and select right typography.
We were thinking about colors and what someone form community wrote that
Apache Flex logo will be used often in co-branding situations and we had
pretty nice idea.
What if we give more flexibility when using logo in different scenarios
by allowing to use it in 4 different colors? After we created a lot of
different color version we selected 4 that looked the best. Then we
combined them in one with really great result (in our opinion of course)
Check out the result by clicking links below. First two are presenting
what we think should be the main logo, the third one have 4 different
color versions that can be used as a valid option for co-branding
scenarios (when the main logo is no fit).

http://www.fusecollective.com/apache-flex/apache_flex_black_bg.jpg
http://www.fusecollective.com/apache-flex/apache_flex_white_bg.jpg

http://www.fusecollective.com/apache-flex/apache_flex_colors.jpg

Colors have their meanings so we could easily give a pretty good
ideology behind those 4 colors

Blue - corporate color, secure, importance, confidence, intelligence,
stability, trust, integrity (those represents corporate use cases)
Red - power, energy, speed, strength, intense, passion, attention (those
represents core values)
Green - growth, vitality, reliability, dependability (those represents
core values)
Orange - energetic, excitement, enthusiasm, sociable, optimistic,
enthusiastic, independent (those represents our community)

Although we didn't thought of this while creating this is nice ideology
and it really fits.
One could argue that colors are similar to those used in Google Chrome
logo but so what? MS Windows used similar schema long time ago and
Google used them anyway.
At this point I don't think another voting is necessary. Everyone could
just express their feelings and PPMC members should decide what to do
next (either select one color version or support our vision)
Let me know what you think.

P.S After we made decision about final logo I post about what additional
materials we'll be creating and when you can expect them.
Please cloud someone form PPMC change my name on home page and contest
page to Adrian Knopik. Or maybe this will be problem until Adrian will
officially submit the logo?
I'm asking because I've already saw a blog post somewhere about new logo
and I was described as creator...