From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [CODE] Short cleanup
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:43:04 GMT
Hi,

> I think it would be better to have the VERSION constant injected by the compiler.
That would be my preferred option but only if it's easily possible. I assume it's a little
harder to do than a a couple of files of ANT? I assume we wouldn't want this added to all
classes just the SDK one so would have to be some condition based on a list of namespaces
(which may change?) Not having looked at the code I'm just guessing here and could be way
off the mark.

And not sure it could deal with the constants in FlexVersion.as such as:
   public static const CURRENT_VERSION:uint = 0x04060000;
   public static const VERSION_4_6:uint = 0x04060000;

Which an ANT script would be able to. This file could be hand edited each time (as I assume
has been done in the past) but would be nice if the Flex SDK version was set somewhere just
once and all changes follow on from that.

Thanks,
Justin