From "Skogen, Espen" <>
Subject RE: [RT] Recommendation Unit-Test System?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:45:13 GMT
I agree. This is going to affect both build config and code consistency. Our test suites should
be as consistent and clean as the production code. In fact, I'd argue the unit test framework
and syntax style should be part of our code standards. (e.g. standard asserts vs hamcrest

Espen Skogen | Vice President | IB Tech Market | Investment Bank | J.P. Morgan | 125 London
Wall, EC2Y 5AJ,  London, United Kingdom | T: +442077420836 | |

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Heidegger []
Sent: 09 February 2012 18:24
Subject: Re: [RT] Recommendation Unit-Test System?

On 10/02/2012 03:09, Jonathan Campos wrote:
> While I too use FlexUnit and think that a consensus would be good on how to
> write tests, my fear is that we shouldn't say "use this one".
> There are other contributors to Flex, such as ASUnit, that we would be
> snubbing.
> Sadly I feel the best solution is just let people write the tests and
> whatever they choose to use that is up to them. If a group of individuals
> want to all write using one version that is up to them, but I don't know
> about saying that one is the supported or only choice.

That is no solution. That will most likely result in a mess. Not to
choose because it would hurt ones feeling is irresponsible to the people
who actually have to write the tests and run them. Sure: Flex has a lot
of traction but there are enough non-flex AS3 open-source projects out
there that are as of the transfer to Apache in a direct competition.

However: I am a free developer, not a commiter. As a developer I would
wish for a clear statement and recommendation of the PPMC but I am fine
with recommendations.

available at

View raw message