From Timothy Jones <Timothy.Jo...@syniverse.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Shumway SWF Renderer
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:00:02 GMT
Thanks Dirk!  I just joined flex-dev & flex-user yesterday and am looking for exactly this
kind of approach!

I've never been a fan of Adobe, Flash or Flex, but my team at work adopted it before I arrived
to the group.  We've made too much of an investment in *.mxml and *.as code to abandon it
outright.

tlj

-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk Eismann [mailto:bortsen@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:49 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [OT] Shumway SWF Renderer

FYI, just found this on twitter (via @cwahlers)

"Shumway is an HTML5 technology experiment that explores building a
faithful and efficient renderer for the SWF file format without native
code assistance"
https://github.com/mozilla/shumway

They already do SWF parsing:
http://mozilla.github.com/shumway/src/swf/inspector/inspector.html

Interesting approach. It will be interesting to see how this evolves.

Dirk.