From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Time for an Apache Flex compiler.
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 18:00:38 GMT
> Falcon ... will support AS3 only, with no support for MXML.

This is incorrect.

Falcon *already* supports enough of MXML to compile a correctly-running version of Checkinapp,
the test app that is part of the SDK. Falcon's support for .mxml, .css, and .properties still
needs lots of polish -- especially in the areas of databinding, states, and MXML-specific
error reporting -- but at least 80% of the this work is complete.

What the whitepaper is really trying to say is that the AS part of Falcon will be shipping
quality while the rest may be more like alpha quality.

- Gordon Smith, Falcon team