From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Minor issue with current build scripts
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:53:35 GMT
Hi,

> I don't believe projects that fall under the ASF banner can make
> improvements or updates or references to non-ASF projects.
I'm suggesting improving our build scripts not the TLF library.

> I believe TLF is still an Adobe product, even the older version, and I
> think, by "Building" TLF's source into a binary, it might become an issue.
We are currently doing that with version 1.0 so linking to another version of the same product
is the same I think.

The code is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tlf.adobe/

And it's currently under a Mozilla Public Licence 1.1.

This comes under Category B  3rd party licence.[1] My reading (which may be wrong) is that
there is no issue in using the binary and as we are not modifying the source code we are not
creating a derivate work.

Thanks,
Justin

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html