From Ariel Jakobovits <arielj...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Code formatting for patch submissions
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:16:46 GMT
> 1. We wrap lines at 80 characters.
Ugh, I hate that. Can we change that to more like 140 chars, or no wrapping?

Ariel Jakobovits
Email: arieljake@yahoo.com
Phone: 650-690-2213
Fax: 650-641-0031
Cell: 650-823-8699

________________________________
 From: Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com>
To: "flex-dev@incubator.apache.org" <flex-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 10:55 AM
Subject: RE: Code formatting for patch submissions

I wrote Adobe's coding guidelines for ActionScript and I noticed a few ways in which this
formatting doesn't match what the framework's current conventions:

1. We wrap lines at 80 characters.

2. We make the first line of a multiline comment be /* or /** with no text.

3. We put an asterisk on every line of a multiline comment.

4. We line up the asterisks in a multiline comment.

5. We use two spaces after the asterisks so that the text starts at the same indent position
as code.

- Gordon Smith, Adobe