From "Dimitri k." <k...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: Adobe might think of open-sourcing the Design View if there is sufficient interest
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:41:18 GMT
From: "Jeffry Houser" <jeffry@dot-com-it.com>
>   I don't think any number of +1s will convince Adobe either way.
>
>  Honestly, I personally could care less about design view.  It made sense
> when Adobe wanted to make Flex the "new Visual Basic" and accessible to
> anyone.  I'm not sure if I would put effort to try to fulfill that role,
> though.

Maybe you haven't read my email which started this thread: This discussion
started because Deepa from Adobe said that it could be a possibility, and
said that if sufficient interest for it was shown on the ML, it will help
make it happen.

Second, we all know that a lot of people don't care about the Design View.
The question was more to see if there are still people that do care, and if
there are peope willing to contribute to it.
And with 30 positive responses in 6 hours, in a time when most Americans
were sleeping, I think it's safe to say there is interest from Apache Flex
devs, either for themselves, because they think it will benefit Flex, or
because they think we could create some cool stuff if we have access to the
DV source code.

Dimitri K.