From "Glenn Williams" <i...@tinylion.co.uk>
Subject RE: Would anyone care if we ditched support for semicolons being optional?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:18:43 GMT
I always mentally think of them as mandatory
anyway.

+1 to Mandatory.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Arno [mailto:david@davidarno.org]
Sent: 22 February 2012 12:53
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Would anyone care if we ditched support
for semicolons being optional?

As I suspect there are many here not following the
[gosh] threads, I'm repeating a question from
yesterday to a wider audience. Apologies in
advance if you do read those threads and just
didn't care enough to comment yesterday ;)

If Dimitri's great efforts to try and get us early
access to the Falcon compiler fail and we instead
carry on with trying to develop our Goshawk
compiler, I'd like to make a change to the AS3
language spec by making semicolons at the end of
statements mandatory. I wanted to find out well in
advance whether anyone sees this as a
show-stopping "no way" change, or whether there
would be broad support for it.

David.