From "Fabio Biondi" <gro...@fabiobiondi.com>
Subject R: [RT] Design View in FlashBuilder
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:20:07 GMT
I have never used the Design View too but simply because it's slow,
unresponsive and full of bugs.
So I don’t need it for my daily job (MXML is very simple and powerful)  but
it could be very useful for some people.
For example, I started to study Java for Android few months ago and I have
to say that, as beginner, I found the Graphical Layout (aka in FB "Design
View") very useful and really faster than FB!

So I'm agree with Andrey, Nicholas and others: it could be very useful for
beginners, designers and (why not) developers too.
Instead of removing this functionality, I think it should be improved (maybe
in a future release, it's not a priority).

Another important question: how can we quicly skin some components without
Flash Catalyst? It's another topic  but I am worried because all these gaps
are likely to create limitations and barriers (especially for beginners).

Fabio

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Andrey Pisarev [mailto:a.p@li.ru]
Inviato: giovedì 16 febbraio 2012 17:05
A: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: [RT] Design View in FlashBuilder

In any case dropping design view is a step back.
You should see a great video from Bret Victor, about real time compilation
and design view
vimeo.com/36579366

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2012.0.1913 / Database dei virus: 2112/4813 -  Data di rilascio:
16/02/2012