From "Dimitri k." <k...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: General interest in an AS3 -> JavaScript cross-compilation feature for Flex?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:23:00 GMT
From: "Raju Bitter" <rajubitter@googlemail.com>
>How much interest is
> there in the Flex community to have JavaScript generation as a future
> feature in Flex?

I think there is a lot of interest, but also a lot of doubts about its
future success.
>From what I heard, the problem is not really about the language but about
the rendering performances.

One of the most talkative community person on this subject is Mike Labriola,
committers of Apache Flex and technical lead of Spoon, who talked during
various User Group / Flex shows both about his believes but also about the
experiments him and his team has already done on the subject.

He is really convincing, and you can for example hear it on this episode of
the Flex Show (start at 53:50):
http://www.theflexshow.com/blog/index.cfm/2011/12/23/Flex-Summit-Roundtable-The-Flex-Show-Episode-158

A more succint text version on the Spoon blog:
http://www.spoon.as/2011/flex-forward/

Dimitri k.