From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Apache Flex suggestion - dumping SWF support in favor of HTML5 - listen to Steve
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 05:58:05 GMT

Flash will be the superior technology for building RIAs for several more years.  Also Flex
apps are well entrenched in many corporate infrastructures and they will not be able to migrate
anywhere anytime soon.  There is a viable community willing to work on Flex on Flash and things
to do for the forseeable future.

> I don't see any value in Apache becoming involved with an out-dated
> technology, and building a large community around a single vendor
> runtime.
> This project is  doomed, when you only focus on releasing another Flex
> 4.6+
> version supporting Flash Player.
>
> So get a team together, and start working on HTML5 support for Flex,
> anything else will just bring us more frustration with the A* company.
If you had read the archives, you would have seen that this was already discussed and there
will be a serious amount of energy invested in exploring HTML5 support for Flex.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Developer
Adobe Systems Inc.
Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui