From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Atlassian
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:19:24 GMT

I think you are enforcing Labriola's point.  Atlassian can make that much in a year because
it sells licenses to each viewer, not to each developer/author (or, you can say that the author/viewer
ratio is nearly 1:1).  No license is required to view a Flash SWF (or Acrobat PDF for that
matter) and the author/viewer ratio is not even close to 1:1).  If you can figure out how
Adobe can make money per SWF viewer, let me know.

Yes, LCDS was sold differently, but the free options (SOAP, REST) were sufficient enough and/or
too entrenched.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Developer
Adobe Systems Inc.