From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Flex 5 UIComponent - Behavior Pattern
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:10:30 GMT

Well, that's why I say we have to give up on backward compatibility.  In my test, the measurement
behavior was one of the most expensive 'behaviors'.  However, in the current framework, lots
of components are unnecessarily measured at startup.  We can't change that without breaking
backward compatibility.  In my whiteboard, I will explore a simpler top-down layout that is
more HTML-like.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Developer
Adobe Systems Inc.